Hello and welcome to St. John!
I am so glad you are exploring our church’s website! It is our mission as a church to introduce people to the love of God through the person of Jesus and to grow as disciples together! The pages you find below and the links that are provided will give you a bigger picture of the ministries and programs that help us reach people for Christ and grow our spiritual lives. It is my hope that through these pages you might discover a place where you can connect with God and others as you journey through life. So check us out! Discover who we are! And, most definitely, join us for worship on Sunday morning!
The Minister of Music is a vital ingredient of both spiritual and religious food to the body of Christ through direction of the music ministry of St. John United Methodist Church. This position will work directly with the Pastor, Worship Leader and Worship Accompanist to coordinate the worship services St. John UMC provides on a weekly (or more) basis. He/She would report directly to the Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Pastor in cooperation with the Staff Parish Relations Committee would provide guidance and evaluation as it pertains to duty and job performance.
- As a member of the worship leadership team, contribute and lead the congregation in worship of God;
- Encompass all types of music and musicians into worship;
- Incorporate anyone who is willing to commit to practice;
- Value the gift of music and those who are willing to make a joyful noise;
- Lead the musicians and singers as a spiritual community of servants.
- Select and schedule suitable weekly congregational and special service music;
- Participate in seasonal and weekly service preparation in cooperation with the Worship Minister and Pastor;
- In cooperation with the church staff and volunteer musicians and singers, recruit and build a strong growing team of musicians and singers;
- Take responsibility to lead and equip others to lead church choirs, ensembles, instrumental groups and other musical groups as it is related to worship services;
- Encourage, teach and mentor church musicians and singers;
- Maintain the church’s music library, utilizing available resources;
- Prepare annual music ministry budget requests for the Finance Committee.
- Must Embrace Christian discipline and the United Methodist doctrine and theology;
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field but not limited to music / music performance, music education, church music studies, worship leadership;
- General knowledge of church repertoire suitable for the United Methodist Church;
- Competent leadership, choral direction, vocal coaching and interpretation skills